Please nominate your Qt Champions for 2021! https://forum.qt.io/topic/132134/looking-for-the-2021-qt-champions

[PySide2] GUI has stopped loading after I made a few changes?

• Hello,

I am using Qt Designer 5.14.1 for designing a small interface. It was working great, but yesterday, all I did was add 20 buttons to my UI file and since then, the program has stopped working.

I launch the python file, the working in background cursor shows up:
    a7b28bd2-f6b5-4efc-83d3-ba417d9c9f81-image.png

And then that's it. Nothing happens after that. The mouse just returns to normal.

How can I further diagnose this issue?

• @lolcocks
    Take a copy of the project, delete the 20 buttons, and see if it works again?

Did you just add buttons in the designer, or did you any code, anywhere?

• @lolcocks
    Take a copy of the project, delete the 20 buttons, and see if it works again?

Did you just add buttons in the designer, or did you any code, anywhere?

• Banned

Or @lolcocks post that UI here and I can show you how to code it in standard Python-Qt and you can get away from using a Tool that was not meant to be used for generating Python-Qt code -- it produces untouchable black-box XML code -- that then if you are using the converter produces non-standard Python-Qt code which I might had is really bad code having had to fix numerous versions of the out put that comes from that converter. Still for what is was designed for this Tool works fine -- and that is it was designed to create code portable UIs which means the code is design to create a GUI that can be used in Python, C++, and perhaps C# without needing to change the UI BUT if you are not using it for this purpose all the Pros get tossed out and you are left with just all the Cons -- thus making it not an optimal solution to be using.

Again post your UI and code here and I will show you how to do it in standard Python-Qt and once you have that you should be able to go forward with using standard Python-Qt from then on easily and more efficiently that using the stuff the Designer produces thus actually saving you time and allowing you to get more done. Which is the illusion the Designer seems to give to folks not in the know.

• @lolcocks
    Could you post your code (python and UI file) so we can take a look please? As @JonB says, try removing the buttons in a copy and see what happens :)

• Thanks everyone. I removed the buttons one by one until I found the culprit.