Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

After Promote to... header file can't be found

• Hi,

I implement QScienceSpinbox in my project: link text

So I have QScienceSpinbox.h in folder MyPrj/GUI/other/QScienceSpinbox.h
    In Designer I add QDoubleSpinbox and promote it to QScienceSpinbox. Then in ui_myform.h (designer file) it itcludes like: #include "QScienceSpinBox.h" but this file is in MyPrj/GUI/other/QScienceSpinbox.h

The problem:
    If I manually change from #include "QScienceSpinBox.h" to #include "/GUI/other/QScienceSpinbox.h" then I can launch my application but whenever I change this file via Designer it changes back to #include "QScienceSpinBox.h"

ALso there is warning :
    ui_readsegyform.h:32:10: warning: non-portable path to file '"GUI/other/qsciencespinbox.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk

• Qt Champions 2019

You can specify a path when promoting the widget.

warning: non-portable path to file '"GUI/other/qsciencespinbox.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk

As the warning tells you - the filename on the disk is not qsciencespinbox.h - but since the filesystem is case-insensitive it works for you but may not work on another OS (like .e.g Linux) - so fix the name.

• Qt Champions 2019

You can specify a path when promoting the widget.

warning: non-portable path to file '"GUI/other/qsciencespinbox.h"'; specified path differs in case from file name on disk

As the warning tells you - the filename on the disk is not qsciencespinbox.h - but since the filesystem is case-insensitive it works for you but may not work on another OS (like .e.g Linux) - so fix the name.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher thank oy that works