Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QTreeView get right-clicked item

• Using QTreeView paired with QStandardItemModel and trying to get contenxt-menu working when a user-right clicks on an item and then display custom menu for each item.

In mainwindow.cpp code, I connected customContextMenuRequested signal with my slot - which is getting invoked properly. The issue I'm having is getting the item that the user right-clicked.

auto pCurrModel = (QStandardItemModel*)pProxyModel->sourceModel();
    	auto index = ui.treeView->indexAt(pos);
    	auto item = pCurrModel->itemFromIndex(index);

The code above is from OnCustomContextMenuRequested slot. I'm getting a valid index from indexAt() But itemFromIndex() always returns nullptr?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Do you have a proxymodel or anything like that active also ?
    So code should be something like

QStandardItem *item = mymodel->itemFromIndex( mysortproxy ->mapToSource(index) );

update:
    Ah. pProxyModel->sourceModel(); suggest you do have :)
    Amazing what eyes sometimes skips...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Do you have a proxymodel or anything like that active also ?
    So code should be something like

QStandardItem *item = mymodel->itemFromIndex( mysortproxy ->mapToSource(index) );

update:
    Ah. pProxyModel->sourceModel(); suggest you do have :)
    Amazing what eyes sometimes skips...

• @mrjj
    Just to say: what a coincidence! I am literally sitting down right now to add right-click onto items in a QTreeView using a proxy model!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@JonB

Heh.
    That is perfect timing and also made me read his code properly
    and i do think he has a proxy :)

• @mrjj Yes, I am using Proxy model and thanks for the quick solution. It works!