Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qtcpsocket

• I am using Qt5.14.1 for andriod
    m_pTcpSocket->connectToHost(m_sServerIpAddress,m_nServerPort);

audiotransmitter.cpp:439:69: error: too few arguments to function call, expected at least 3, have 2
    qabstractsocket.h:152:5: note: 'connectToHost' declared here

this error is getting in andriod Qt5.14.1

• Moderators

@satyanarayana143 a assume ptcpSocket is not a QTcpSocket, because than connectToHost would have a default parameter as 3rd one

QIODevice::ReadWrite usually.

• @J-Hilk said in Qtcpsocket:

QIODevice::ReadWrite

i has given like this QIODevice::ReadWrite

but i am getting error openmodeflag cannot convert to openmode

• Moderators

@satyanarayana143
    more information!

What's the definition of connectToHost in audiotransmitter.h?

• Qtcpsocket

when i am giving QIODevice::ReadWrite i am getting below error

audiotransmitter.cpp:439:70: error: no viable conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'QIODevice::OpenMode' (aka 'QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag')
    qflags.h:89:7: note: candidate constructor (the implicit copy constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'const QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag &' for 1st argument
    qflags.h:89:7: note: candidate constructor (the implicit move constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag &&' for 1st argument
    qabstractsocket.h:152:80: note: passing argument to parameter 'mode' here

• Moderators

@satyanarayana143
    very strange, shouldn't bee needed, but add #include <QIODevice> in the file, where you wrote QIODevice::ReadWrite

• i added
    #include <QIODevice>

also getting same error

• @satyanarayana143
    May I suggest you actually show the line where you are using QIODevice::ReadWrite, and generates the error, rather than just stating you are using it?

•   QTcpSocket *m_pTcpSocket=nullptr;

m_pTcpSocket = new QTcpSocket(this);

m_pTcpSocket->connectToHost(m_sServerIpAddress,m_nServerPort);    // In this line  i am getting error 

error: too few arguments to function call, expected at least 3, have 2
    qabstractsocket.h:152:5: note: 'connectToHost' declared here

for andriod Qt5.14.1

• @satyanarayana143
    So if that is in reply to me, that shows me where you are using QIODevice::ReadWrite, does it?

when i am giving QIODevice::ReadWrite i am getting below error

audiotransmitter.cpp:439:70: error: no viable conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'QIODevice::OpenMode' (aka 'QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag')
    qflags.h:89:7: note: candidate constructor (the implicit copy constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'const QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag &' for 1st argument
    qflags.h:89:7: note: candidate constructor (the implicit move constructor) not viable: no known conversion from 'QIODevice::OpenModeFlag' to 'QFlagsQIODevice::OpenModeFlag &&' for 1st argument
    qabstractsocket.h:152:80: note: passing argument to parameter 'mode' here

Are you getting this or not? Would you like us to look at it or not?

From https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/network/socket/qabstractsocket.h.html, at lines 152/153, I see

virtual void connectToHost(const QString &hostName, quint16 port, OpenMode mode = ReadWrite, NetworkLayerProtocol protocol = AnyIPProtocol);
        virtual void connectToHost(const QHostAddress &address, quint16 port, OpenMode mode = ReadWrite);

That means you should not be getting
    error: too few arguments to function call, expected at least 3, have 2

You might like to verify what you have at those lines in the qabstractsocket.h you have. Is there any chance you have more than one copy of this file somewhere? You might like to copy & paste here the lines you have there, so that we really can see how it could produce that error message?

You might like to show us line #439 of audiotransmitter.cpp. But I guess that is the
    m_pTcpSocket->connectToHost(m_sServerIpAddress,m_nServerPort);
    line you are showing us won't compile?