Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Warnings.

• Hi All, when I try to compile and run the program, it gives me the following warning. Heres the screenshot.
    0a608c74-e361-451b-a698-54379f968d82-image.png

I understand that warnings can be ignored but should I be concerned about the above warnings?

• Its alright. Hi All @J-Hilk @JonB and @Pl45m4 I have solved the situations.

I have to put 3 lines

qputenv("QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR", "1");
        qputenv("QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS", "1");
        qputenv("QT_SCALE_FACTOR", "1");

in the main.cpp file and in whereever I want to create a new window from my application.

• @Stevendragoes
    As you say it's only a warning, but, yes, anything "deprecated" is worthy of being changed over. A future release of Qt may remove support for something "deprecated", and then you would have to act on it, so why not get it done now?

• Moderators

@Stevendragoes said in Warnings.:

I understand that warnings can be ignored but should I be concerned about the above warnings?

Yes, same way as you can go on without food. You'll be fine for a while but eventually everything collapses!

therefore

DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x060000

is your friend ;)

In all honesty, you can go with ignoring it, or if you like a clean console output, deactivate that particular warning via removing DEFINES += QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS from your project file.

But IMHO always handle warnings as errors. Your future self will thank you for it!

• @Stevendragoes

This warning contains also the solution. Replace QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO with one of the suggested modes or vars. Then the warning should be gone.

• @JonB Hello I am using QT 5.12.6 the Latest LTS for Open Source Version for my own Project. So, I am not sure why it is giving me this error

@J-Hilk I have put the

into the .pro file and it still gives me the error. I have also removed the DEFINES+= QT_DEPRECATED WARNINGS
    from my .pro file.

However, it is still giving me the warnings. Any idea why? I have also restarted the QT Community after I made the changes

• @Pl45m4 How can I do so?

• Its alright. Hi All @J-Hilk @JonB and @Pl45m4 I have solved the situations.

I have to put 3 lines

qputenv("QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR", "1");
        qputenv("QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS", "1");
        qputenv("QT_SCALE_FACTOR", "1");

in the main.cpp file and in whereever I want to create a new window from my application.

• @JonB said in Warnings.:

@Stevendragoes
    As you say it's only a warning, but, yes, anything "deprecated" is worthy of being changed over. A future release of Qt may remove support for something "deprecated", and then you would have to act on it, so why not get it done now?

How can i get it done for something that is deprecated?

• Moderators

I have put the

into the .pro file and it still gives me the error.

I said remove it, not add is 😏
    might have been se issue 🙈

• @J-Hilk said in Warnings.:

I have put the

into the .pro file and it still gives me the error.

I said remove it, not add is 😏
    might have been se issue 🙈

LOL okok I will remove it. I thought Disable means like it will remove the warnings