Problems with Qt SDK 1.1.4

• Hi all,
    I downloaded the SDK 1.1.4 (Linux 32 version). I got some problems.

The first is the Qt Creator welcome page... it doesn't works (doesn't exists).
    Executing Qt Creator from command line I get:
    @
    luca@slack1337:~$ /home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/bin/qtcreator
    file:///home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml:0:0: Expected token `numeric literal'
    file:///home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml:0:0: Expected a qualified name id
    luca@slack1337:~$
    @

I checked the file:
    @
    /home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml
    @
    and I've seen that it exists but it's an empty file...

• Some declarative examples are wrong and doesn't compiles...

For example "photoviewer" demo (/home/luca/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/photoviewer).
    Executing photoviewer.pro and building it I get this error:
    @
    Copying application data...
    cp: cannot copy a directory, /home/luca/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/photoviewer/qml', into itself,/home/luca/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/photoviewer/qml/qml'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/luca/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/photoviewer'
    make: *** [copydeploymentfolders] Error 1
    @
    so I removed the last line:
    @
    qtcAddDeployment()
    @
    from .pro and it compiled but while running I get this:
    @
    file:///home/luca/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/photoviewer/qml/qml/photoviewer.qml: File not found
    @
    this is because the main.cpp contains:
    @
    viewer.setMainQmlFile(QLatin1String("qml/qml/photoviewer.qml"));
    @

to execute the application I modified that line:
    @
    viewer.setMainQmlFile(QLatin1String("qml/photoviewer.qml"));
    @

What is the meaning of qtcAddDeployment() ?

• If I open a QML file (for example photoviewer.qml of the Qt Example) in "Design mode" I got the message:
    @
    Package not found
    @
    and in "Edit Mode" I have the line:
    @
    import QtQuick 1.0
    @
    underlined red.

• Moderators

Can you please "file a bug report":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/ about this issue?

Developers will read a bug report, but unfortunately most tend to ignore the forum.

• [quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1320920433"]Can you please "file a bug report":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/ about this issue?

Developers will read a bug report, but unfortunately most tend to ignore the forum.[/quote]

Yes, I will file a bug report but first I'd like to know if it's only my problem...

• [quote author="Luca" date="1320875326"]Hi all,
    I downloaded the SDK 1.1.4 (Linux 32 version). I got some problems.

The first is the Qt Creator welcome page... it doesn't works (doesn't exists).
    Executing Qt Creator from command line I get:
    @
    luca@slack1337:~$ /home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/bin/qtcreator
    file:///home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml:0:0: Expected token `numeric literal'
    file:///home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml:0:0: Expected a qualified name id
    luca@slack1337:~$
    @

I checked the file:
    @
    /home/luca/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/welcomescreen/welcomescreen.qml
    @
    and I've seen that it exists but it's an empty file...

[/quote]

I solved this problem by downloading again the SDK. It's strange because the previous download ended without problem.
    It probably should be useful to add a kind of checksum to the file so that users are able to check the downloaded file.

• i was also facing same problem but after giving ids to all i solved it

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.