Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

ListView problems

• I am working with this wizard and it is using ListView. The inherent problem here is that the user's selection may change the model data which in turn changes the ListView delegate components causing the currentIndex to be reset to zero. Therefore, I added in some memory:

///Save the last index when "next" button is clicked
    onClicked:
    {
      setupList.incrementCurrentIndex()
      currentSelectedVehicle.setConfigurationResumeStep(setupList.currentIndex)
    }

//When model resets
    onModelChanged:
    {
      setupList.currentIndex = currentSelectedVehicle.lastConfigurationStep
      setupList.positionViewAtIndex(setupList.currentIndex, ListView.Beginning)
    }

this does keep everything from going backwards whenever the model changes. However, I wanted to add a feature to reduce button presses. In other words, I didn't want the user to have to click next every time they make a selection.

So, in the delegate, I created a signal called progressWizard:

signal progressWizard

which will fire whenever the user makes a "acceptable" selection from one of the many components that could potentially be loaded. I am catching that signal in the delegate defintion:

delegate: Item
      {
        id: buffer

HardwareSettingsDisplay
        {
          anchors.fill: parent
          title: modelData.label
          onProgressWizard:
          {
            setupList.incrementCurrentIndex()
            currentSelectedVehicle.setConfigurationResumeStep(setupList.currentIndex)
          }
        }
      }

as you can see it's the same logic seen in the "next" button. This works great except whenever the user makes a selection that changes the model data. When that happens I get this error:

ReferenceError: progressWizard is not defined

coming from within the delegate. Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

• I have a tentative solution. If I add a Connections to the modelData inside the individual component and then toggle progressWizard() onValueChanged it works. I am not sure if this is the best solution. If no one tells me otherwise here in the next few days then I will mark this as solved and move on.