Qt 5.14/Creator 4.11 мусор в каталоге исходников

• В старых версиях Qt/Creator при отключении теневой сборки проекта в каталоге с исходниками автоматически создавались каталоги Debug и Release, куда помещался выхлоп сборки. В версии Qt 5.14/Creator 4.11 такие каталоги почему-то больше не создаются, и весь мусор сборки захламляет каталог проекта. Это можно как-то включить назад?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @sminder,

are you using MinGW? Then please have a look at QTBUG-78445 and the linked follow-up reports. There will be fixes in Qt 5.14.1 and following.

Btw.: You should really use shadow-builds!

Regards

• I'm using MinGW. To my mind, QTBUG-78445 is not connected to my question.
    I can't find offline installer for Qt 5.14.1 version.
    Why do you think I should use shadow build? I've got 200 projects and if I use shadow build it will make also 200 another trash directories. Also if I need to start a program manually I have to go from the source directory to the build directory which is situated so far away. For me it's very useless and annoying feature.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@sminder

To my mind, QTBUG-78445 is not connected to my question.

It is. This change led to series of problems; but important for you it does not generate the debug and release subfolders anymore.

These are in principle only needed for MSVC, and never appeared on other platforms than Windows.

I can't find offline installer for Qt 5.14.1 version.

Because it is not released yet.

Why do you think I should use shadow build?

Because it's a good practice to separate source files and build artifacts. As soon as you target multiple platforms, they are essential.

I've got 200 projects and if I use shadow build it will make also 200 another trash directories.

This annoys me too, and the default location is parallel to the sources directory because of limitations in QMake. Most often you can locate the build directories below the project directory, and then this is no problem anymore.

Regards

• @aha_1980 said in Qt 5.14/Creator 4.11 мусор в каталоге исходников:

Most often you can locate the build directories below the project directory

Do you mean the catalog structure like that?

source_dir {
          build_dir {
                obj_files
          }
          source_files
    }

Sorry for the layout, I have no idea how to show it here correctly.

• The version 5.14.1 was released, but it doesn't fix the problem with "debug" and "release" directories.