Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Popup Menu in QOpenGLWindow - how to do it?

• I have a program that processes data and then generates an image which is then displayed in a QOpenGLWidow. I would like to have a popup menu on right mouse click to give a list of display options. The menu changes according to the properties of the data/image.

As far as I can see, QOpenGLWindow (and QWindow) do not have a contextMenuPolicy, so trying to detect a contextMenuEvent on a right click (as below) fails and nothing happens

void ViewData::contextMenuEvent(QContextMenuEvent *e)
    {
          QMenu* menu =imageMenu;
          menu->exec(e->globalPos());
    }

I wondered if creating a QContextMenuEvent on a right mouse click might help, but I'm not sure how to transmit it and by itself it does nothing.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@DavidRS You could simply show the pop-up menu on right-click without transmitting QContextMenuEvent

• Nope. If you do the following

void ViewData::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent *e)
    {
      switch(e->button())
      {
        // code for other buttons before here
          case (Qt::RightButton)
          {
            imageMenu->exec(e->globalPos());
            break;
          }
     }

The program crashes when you right click.
    This is running under Linux and X11 with Qt ver 5.13.2

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly question but are you sure that imageMenu is valid ?

Can you show the stack trace you get ?

• @SGaist You were right - the QMenu initialization was in a branch that was not being visited. Once I moved it before that branch it worked perfectly. Because there are no widgets the menu was created as

imageMenu = new QMenu(nullptr);

and was directly accessed through the right mouse click once the image was created.