Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Making a custom-made debugger compatible with QtCreator

• Hello,

I made my own debugger in Lua to debug Lua code.

You're supposed to connect to it using a TCP Socket.

I do plan to make a plugin for it, is there any sample debugger plugin, not too complicated to use ?

I'm pretty new to C++ and Qt

Edit : I already took a look at the LLDB/CDB debugger but it's a mess to edit it since it relies on QtCreator source code projects and some headers are generated on the fly during the build, so it's a mess to work with it.

My Qt Creator version is 4.9 and my Qt version is 5.12.4

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @Pierre-Fichepoil,

I think the most elegant solution would be to implement the gdbserver protocol.

That way, your debugger can be remote controlled by gdb, and in turn by any gdb frontend.

If that is not possible, I suggest to ask at the Qt Creator mailing list, where the developers can answer. This forum is more user orientated.

Regards

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @Pierre-Fichepoil,

I think the most elegant solution would be to implement the gdbserver protocol.

That way, your debugger can be remote controlled by gdb, and in turn by any gdb frontend.

If that is not possible, I suggest to ask at the Qt Creator mailing list, where the developers can answer. This forum is more user orientated.

Regards

• Thank you.