Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Vista style is not loaded

• Hello,
    It seems that the plugin loader does not search for the "styles" folder, so the vista style plugin is not loaded (styles\qwindowsvistastyle.dll).
    In order to debug, I have set QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 and QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=vista and here is the output:

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/platforms" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "D:/myApp/bin/platforms/qwindows.dll"
    Found metadata in lib D:/myApp/bin/platforms/qwindows.dll, metadata=
    {
        "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.3",
        "MetaData": {
            "Keys": [
                "windows"
            ]
        },
        "archreq": 0,
        "className": "QWindowsIntegrationPlugin",
        "debug": false,
        "version": 330752
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("windows")
    loaded library "D:/myApp/bin/platforms/qwindows.dll"
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/platformthemes" ...
    QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
        Available styles: Windows, Fusion
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/iconengines" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/imageformats" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/accessible" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "D:/myApp/bin/accessiblebridge" ...

Any idea?
    I'm using Qt 5.9
    Thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Does it happen on a deployed application ?

• Indeed,
    It does not happen when I build the application against my system QT.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

How are you deploying your application ?
    Are you using windeployqt ?

• I'm not responsible of the packaging but I don't think windeployqt is used.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then you should try to use windeployqt and check its output with regard to the package you get.