Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Webkit troubleshoots

• hello,
    I'm using Qt Creator 4.10.1 in Windows 7 ( Qt version 5.13.1 (MSVC 2017, 32 bit) ).
    I'm triying to make a navigator app for Windows.
    When I try to use the " webenginewidgets " in my *.pro file and execute the qmake I have this error " Unknown module in QT : webenginewidgets ".
    I verrified if the " Webkit" is installed in the QT directory, it is.
    some proposed to use the MSVC 2013 at least. I have MSVC 2015 and 2017 installed and do have a VS 2017 installed in my laptop ( but I see an exclamation point beside it in the Tools/Options/kits/QT versions and a message that this compiler can't produce any code for this QT version" , only MSVC 2015 32bits and MINGW work correctlly).

my *.pro file:

FORMS += \
        mainwindow.ui

HEADERS += \
        mainwindow.h

SOURCES += \
        main.cpp \
        mainwindow.cpp

QT += widgets webenginewidgets

CONFIG += c++11 

the error I'm getting " Unknown module(s) in QT: webenginewidgets "

here are some images to help you to understand:

MainWindows.cpp

4.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

1.JPG

Can any one propose a solution or guide me to find one?

Best regards.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

IIRC, Chromium which is the base of Qt WebEngine requires VS2017, so you have to use that build of Qt to use QtWebEngine.

• @SGaist
    Hi and thank you for your answer,
    Do you mean to use Qt framework on VS 2017 ( cause I already have VS 2017 installed ) or should I use a Visual Studio 2017 compiler on QT creator since I'm using it in this case?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I meant use the Qt version pre-built with VS2017. If you are already using Qt Creator with the VS2017 compiler, then it's all fine.