Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Is it possible to create a single .exe file?

• I am trying to create a single .exe file.
    I used the command: windeployqt <path to build>/debug
    This resulted in a working .exe in the debug folder, but there are a lot of other files in there as well.
    I would like to create a single .exe file, is that possible?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Yes it is. You have to build all your dependencies statically with taking into account all the licensing constraints that applies.

• @SGaist How do I need to do that?
    I've already looked into a static Qt builder with this tutorial and qt docs, but I get the error:

mingw32-make : The term 'mingw32-make' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. 
    Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. 
    At C:\Qt\windows-build-qt-static.ps1:170 char:5                                                         
    +     mingw32-make -k -j4                                                                               
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                          
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (mingw32-make:String) [], CommandNotFoundException            

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException                                                                                                                                                          mingw32-make : The term 'mingw32-make' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
    Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.                                                                                                
    At C:\Qt\windows-build-qt-static.ps1:171 char:5                                                         
    +     mingw32-make -k install                                                                           
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                          
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (mingw32-make:String) [], CommandNotFoundException            
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException                                                                                                                                                          
    Out-File : Cant find part of path C:\Qt\Static5123\5.12.3_Static\mkspecs\win32-g++\qmake.conf                                                                                         
    At C:\Qt\windows-build-qt-static.ps1:178 char:6                                                         
    + "@ | Out-File -Append $File -Encoding Ascii                                                          
    +      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                               
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (:) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException                         
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

I've used the mingw compiler before and inside the folder of mingw the file 'mingw32-make' is present. I don't know how to fix this issue.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What terminal are you using ?