Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Bluetooth module not working with CMake

• I have created two console projects with exactly same code which scans bluetooth devices and list them. Problem is if I use qmake (configuring using pro file) everything works seamlessly but if I run the project with built system CMake (cmakelist file) code runs but nothing happens. My environment is MacOs X 10 and QT 5.13.1

My cmakelist.txt file:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)

set(CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH "/Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64")

project(hello LANGUAGES CXX)

set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON)

set(CMAKE_AUTOUIC ON)
    set(CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON)
    set(CMAKE_AUTORCC ON)

set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 11)
    set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD_REQUIRED ON)

find_package(Qt5Core)
    find_package(Qt5Bluetooth)

add_executable(hello main.cpp ServiceLocator.cpp ServiceLocator.h)

target_link_libraries(hello Qt5::Core Qt5::Bluetooth)

My pro file:

QT -= gui

QT += bluetooth

CONFIG += c++11 console
    CONFIG -= app_bundle

# The following define makes your compiler emit warnings if you use
    # any Qt feature that has been marked deprecated (the exact warnings
    # depend on your compiler). Please consult the documentation of the
    # deprecated API in order to know how to port your code away from it.
    DEFINES += QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS

# You can also make your code fail to compile if it uses deprecated APIs.
    # In order to do so, uncomment the following line.
    # You can also select to disable deprecated APIs only up to a certain version of Qt.
    #DEFINES += QT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x060000    # disables all the APIs deprecated before Qt 6.0.0

SOURCES += \
            ServiceLocator.cpp \
            main.cpp

# Default rules for deployment.
    qnx: target.path = /tmp/$${TARGET}/bin
    else: unix:!android: target.path = /opt/$${TARGET}/bin
    !isEmpty(target.path): INSTALLS += target

HEADERS += \
        ServiceLocator.h

Warnings I received when cmake version started:

objc[1032]: Class QMacAutoReleasePoolTracker is implemented in both /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x109a23200) and /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x109290de8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[1032]: Class QT_ROOT_LEVEL_POOL__THESE_OBJECTS_WILL_BE_RELEASED_WHEN_QAPP_GOES_OUT_OF_SCOPE is implemented in both /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x109a23278) and /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x109290e60). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[1032]: Class KeyValueObserver is implemented in both /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x109a232a0) and /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x109290e88). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    objc[1032]: Class RunLoopModeTracker is implemented in both /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (0x109a232f0) and /Users/gokcer/Qt/5.12.5/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore_debug (0x109290ed8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

This is my first QT based project so maybe I am making some silly mistakes. Thank you for help.

• When I compile project from command line everything worked. Probably problem was related with my IDE (CLion).