Planned maintenance has been done but it did not solve the problem. So work will continue on this and a new time for trying updates will be announced asap.
androiddeployqt release issues
Marc_Van_Daele last edited by
I'm using Qt 5.12.4 and when running the following command
<...>/androiddeployqt --input <...>/build-MyApp-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_Clang_Qt_5_12_4_for_Android_ARMv7-Release/android-libMyApp.so-deployment-settings.json --output <...>/android-build --android-platform android-28 --jdk /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64 --gradle
I notice two strange things
- when running from QtCreator as part of a normal build (after selecting a release build in the bottom left), I see the following steps
:preBuild UP-TO-DATE :preDebugBuild UP-TO-DATE :checkDebugManifest ...
So it still seems to select debug versions of these tasks.
Any idea why? This also happen with a simple empty application
- when running from the command line, I see
:preBuild UP-TO-DATE :preReleaseBuild UP-TO-DATE :checkReleaseManifest
but I also run into the following error
[Fatal Error] :3:214: The value of attribute "name" associated with an element type "item" must not contain the '<' character. Could not read <...>/Qt/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/api/annotations.zip java.io.IOException: Could not parse XML from android/accounts/annotations.xml
Is this harmful? How can I avoid this?
Thanks in advance,
mvuori last edited by
Fatal errors typically are harmful... Quite often build problems are due to the NDK version. 19c is the one to use.
Marc_Van_Daele last edited by Marc_Van_Daele
I checked and I'm already using NDK-19c.
I did find out one more thing: the problem only occurs when signing the apk. This explains why it didn't happen from within QtCreator initially (where I didn't sign) and that it did happen from the command line.
The problematic file here is part of the sdk
platform-tools/api/annotations.zipand this zip file seems to contain an invalid XML
Apparently, this is an issue in the Google build tools: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/116182838
Going back to platform-tools 28.0.0 fixed it for me.
I've closed this topic for now.