Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Creator space between function name and opening parameter bracket

• Instead of "func(parameter)" I prefer "func (parameter)".
    Qt Creator supports this very nicely.
    A few months ago I started using a second machine, switching between both every now and then. The newer one squeezes the bracket right behind the function name ("func(parameter)") by default.
    I have compared every single setting I could find and even exported and imported the code style configurations, but to no avail.

The newer machine always suggests "func(parameter)" while the old one suggests "func (parameter)". Not that it's a big deal but I can't bear it anymore that I'm too blind or dumb to find the setting that's responsible for this.

Can someone please help with this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Padlock which Creator versions are that exactly? Do you have Clang Code Model or Beatyfier running on one of them?

Regards

• I usually always update when the software suggests it. On one machine it's 4.10.1, hence I reckon it's the same on the other.

When I go to Tools/Options/C++/Code Model it says Clang-only checks for almost everything [built-in]. I can't see anything about a Beautifier.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi @Padlock,

So you should check Help > About Plugins on both instances if there is something different.

Not that it's a big deal but I can't bear it anymore that I'm too blind or dumb to find the setting that's responsible for this.

If it helps you: I don't think there is a default setting for that. I think it must come from a plugin, likely the Clang Code Model.

Are both Creators on the same platform?

Regards