Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Hot to organize the project in diferent folders

• I've done it before but after long years without using Qt, I no longer remember how to do it.
    How do I organize project files in separate folders? I want to create a directory division like MVC patern.
    Qt Creator doesn't do this, it keeps all files in the same directory.
    I remember that this involves some configuration in the .pro file for Qt Creator to display the folders created with their respective files.

Models
        |___anyfileaboutmodel.cpp
        |___anyfileaboutmodel.hpp
    Views
        |___anyfileaboutview.cpp
        |___anyfileaboutview.hpp
    controls
        |___anyfileaboutcontrol.cpp
        |___anyfileaboutcontrol.hpp
    dal
        |___anyfileaboutdataacces.cpp
        |___anyfileaboutdataacces.hpp
    res
        |___anyresourcefile

• Lifetime Qt Champion

In that case, just create the folders in your project folder and in your .pro file:

SOURCES += \
        $$PWD/controls/anyfileaboutcontol.cpp

or alternatively you can add a .pri file per subfolder that you will include in your main .pro file.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Do you mean you just want to have your classes in different sub folders or are these different sub projects ?

• @SGaist said in Hot to organize the project in diferent folders:

Hi,
    Do you mean you just want to have your classes in different sub folders or are these different sub projects ?

As in this case it is a single executable, so it is the first option.
    I will need to create sub-projects too but this is another time.
    In addition to classes I also want to place resource files in a folder called res or resources.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

In that case, just create the folders in your project folder and in your .pro file:

SOURCES += \
        $$PWD/controls/anyfileaboutcontol.cpp

or alternatively you can add a .pri file per subfolder that you will include in your main .pro file.