Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

SIGNAL argument

• Hi,

I'm trying to create c++ method to refactor my OPC UA subscription creation code.

privete :
           QScopedPointer<QOpcUaNode> nIndexNode; // node on the server is  "ns=4;s=MAIN.nIndex"
    signals: 
         nIndexChanged();
    // i want to make  following code more generic because i have more than 50 subscriptions
           nIndexNode.reset(m_client->node("ns=4;s=MAIN.nIndex"));      
           QObject::connect(node.data(),&QOpcUaNode::attributeUpdated,this,&MachineBackend::nIndexUpdated);

i want to create a method that takes
    -a referenceon the private node pointer ( nIndexNode)
    -a QString that represents the node id on the server (ns=4;s=MAIN.nIndex)
    -something that allows me to call/emit the suited SIGNAL, here is my problem

void uaSub(QScopedPointer<QOpcUaNode> &node, QString nodeId, /* the signal to be called */){

node.reset(m_client->node(nodeId)); 
                  QObject::connect(nIndexNode.data(),&QOpcUaNode::attributeUpdated,this,&/*MachineBackend::nIndexUpdated*/); // how to get the Signal name  ? 
        }

then i could simply call it

uaSub(nIndexNode,"ns=4;s=MAIN.nIndex",&MachineBackend::nIndexChanged)
    uaSub(temperNode,"ns=4;s=MAIN.temperValue",&MachineBackend::temperChanged)

thank you in advance

• i managed to solve this by myself

// nIndex update handler
       static void nIndexUpdated(QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attr, const QVariant &value){
            qDebug()<< "new value is  " << value;
        }

void uaSub(QScopedPointer<QOpcUaNode> &node, QString nodeId , void (*theUpdateHandler)(QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attr,const QVariant &value)){
            node.reset(m_client->node(nodeId));

QObject::connect(node.data(),&QOpcUaNode::attributeUpdated,[=](QOpcUa::NodeAttribute attr,const QVariant &value){
                theUpdateHandler(attr,value);
            });
        }

use

uaSub(nIndexNode,"ns=4;s=MAIN.nIndex",nIndexUpdated);