A QML type showing rows and a scroll bar

• Hi all,

For part of my Qt Quick project, I need to expose data (including text and numbers in Persian) in rows with four or five columns, similar to a table. Each cell must be able to have a color, font for the text and emit the clicked signal when clicked/touched. The number of rows is various, because they can be added/removed. We should be able to scroll the rows. And we also should be able to search for a specific row using the text column, for example, in a separate row right after the first (title) row.

Is there a built-in QML type that covers the features above all? If yes, what component please? And if not, from where should I start to reach what I want?

Thanks.

• Moderators

@qcoderpro
    There's a couple of ways you can do that.

QML has a TableView, there's also a ListView. For both you can specify the delegate (the item that is drawn), both have a Scrollbar component that you can override

You can do a flickable, columns and repeaters. And a manually created and attached ScrollBar

There are many ways to Rome.

• Ow thanks. Which is easier to pick out and better for that non-western language please?

• Moderators

@qcoderpro the text format/Languag doesn't matter either way. QString is able to display them.

Reading more carefully through your opening post.
    I think the best option for you would be to create a c++ model do your stuff there (including the search) and expose that to qml.

Probably best to subclass QAbstractItemModel
    take a look here for further information:
    https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-modelviewsdata-cppmodels.html

• @j-hilk

Sorry, I changed my mind. A table is too and unnecessarily sophisticated for the task which can be simply done using a ListView. The delegate can be a button with some data (text and numbers etc) and when clicked it shows the thorough version of data inside a dialog box. New lists can also be added and we can scroll up/down the list and remove any list element at will. But I'm not sure I can search for a element given a text, for instance.
    If I need to use C++ as the back-end (which is more preferable) instead of a ListView, probably a suitable abstract class is QAbstractListModel Class. Do you agree up to here? If yes, where can I find an example to start the primary part of the back-end section using that class? It's complicated and I don't know how to derive it in a class. :(

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.