Downloading location in MapBox

• Hello,
    Has anyone discussed the topic of positioning in mapbox? I have a GPS module that sends the location to the COM port. However, my project already supports CAN network interface and it complicates my work with navigation a bit. Is there any library or api that will allow me to easily transport data to mapbox?

• @monofox said in Downloading location in MapBox:

sends the location to the COM port. However, my project already supports CAN network interface and it complicates my work with navigation a bit

Could you elaborate why is that complicated?
    CAN and serial ports should be readable on their own. Are you having any clash?

• @pablo-j-rogina
    My problem is more about building my code, in the created object for CAN there is an infinite loop in which data is processed, to add COM support I would have to rebuild it somehow, but if there is no other way I will do it that way. I had another equally easy idea to make another application that receives the location and sends data to the CAN interface, from there I would have a straight way to receive the data.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Why an infinite loop ?
    Are you aware of the QtSerialBus module ?

As for the COM port, there's the QtSerialPort module.

You can make use of the asynchronous nature of both to simplify your code.

• @monofox I see, as @SGaist suggested with the asynchronous approach, you're problem is the "evil" loop.

Have you check the CAN Bus example? You'll see how the signals & slots feature from Qt is in used in such example. The same way you can approach reading the serial port

• I rebuilt the project according to the instructions. I will be testing it tomorrow, but I think it looks good. Great work gentlemen, thank you very much for the useful information! greetings

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.