In app purchases on iOS / Qt 5.13.0 - provisioning problem

• I am trying to set up in-app purchases on iOS and test it on a device, using Qt 5.13.0, following the instructions in https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtpurchasing-appstore.html#

As the application starts I call QInAppStore::registerProduct two times (= once per product). As I see it, the phone should then ask me to log into the app store, so that the registerProduct calls can finish. The app store interface does not come up. Instead, after 20-25 seconds the QInAppStore emits productUnknown, for both of the products.

My suspicion is that there is something wrong with my provisioning setup. I am using QtCreator, with Automatic signing checked in the project iOS preferences. I have also tried to use the provisioning profile I created for the purpose (instead of automatic signing), but this causes the build to fail with:

Check dependencies
    Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile "[REDACTED]" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Developer: [REDACTED]".
    Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 12.4'
    Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 12.4'

Any ideas on how to move forward?

PS. Originally the productUnknown signal was emitted in about 3 seconds, but then I adjusted the apple bundle ids and product ids.

• I guess this could also be related to having something wrong in the shop/app/product setup. Does anybody know about a way to get more debug information about the issue?

There are about 30 things that could go wrong, getting a single productUnknown signal does not give direction about where the problem could be.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The QtPurchase module being pretty new, you will likely get more in depth answers by bringing your question on the interest mailing list. You'll find there QtPurchase's developers/maintainers.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.