[solved] Different layout on item in" listview

• Hello
    As I understand it you can only attach one delegate/model. But is it still possible to have a listview show item with different appearances? I'd like to create a listview that displays a log of data, with all the data added with the same appearances, but also add "day" items showing where the day changes in the log, these with a different look. Kinda like the Qt designer widget box were the widgets are listed using one look (icon + name) and the widget "group" with another ("group name" with grey background). I would not like to use a tree, as in QT creator, but only a simple listview.
    Thank your! Best regards
    Richard

• Well, you can just create a delegate that renders differently depending on the data in the item it is rendering, right? I mean, you could for instance use a data role in the model to make it easy for the delegate to distinguish the different types of items, and adjust the rendering you use based on that.

• That was precisely what I wanted to know! Thank you! I'm having a hard time finding good tutorials on delegates ... most just explain the spinbox example, and can't seem to find information about more advance delegate graphics...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.