Installing Qt Designer on Windows - problem on both Windows XP and Windows 7

• I've been trying to install Qt Designer on Windows without any luck. I have successfully installed Qt Designer on Linux without any problems, so I know that I should be able to do this.

I have been using the "Maintain Qt SDK" package, selecting the Package manager, choosing "Qt SDK->Development Tools->Qt Designer" checkbox. I let it go collect the components and finally hit "Finish" when done".

When I go back to see if it is in the QtSDK program group, all I see is what I had before: Qt Creator, Maintain Qt SDK" package. This looks like an installer bug, but maybe there is something hidden that I have to do.

Thanks in advance,
    George

• Interestingly enough, there is in fact a binary executable "designer.exe" under C:\QtDSK\QtCreator\bin\ directory, BUT it did not complete the rest of the installation process (creating a shortcut called "QT Designer", etc). Also, I had chosen to install Qt Assistant, with the same results.

Yes, the designer.exe does execute, but I don't know if it is fully functional since at least part of the install procedure did not complete.

Any advice is welcome.

• It's not a bug. This is the normal behavior of the installer on any OS for quite some versions.

• I certainly appreciate hearing that others have experienced the same bug, it still doesn't detract from the fact that it is a bug. Windows users experience the blue screen of death on a fairly regular basis, and some may consider that normal behavior, but that doesn't mean it's not a bug - because it is.

I'd like to know how to at least find out what can be done to make Qt Designer and Qt Assistant fully functional on a Windows platform, because clearly the way the "Maintain Qt SDK" functions causes the packages to NOT be fully functional.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.