A pager with nine thumbnails per page

• Hi all

I'm doing a app to Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 so I can't use Qt-components. I want to show a lot of images from a xml. The view is a pager with nine thumbnails at time. I'm using this http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/QML_paging_using_ListView for the pager. The point is that the model (XmlListModel) gives the elements one at time to the delegate, and I don't know how I can change this. Maybe I should change my mind to do something completely different. I don't know.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

• You can still do it with ListView but you'll need a delegate that displays 9 thumbnails.

Alternatively you could do it with a GridView set to have 3 rows and scroll horizontally or to have 3 columns and scroll vertically.

• [quote author="ZapB" date="1318859153"]You can still do it with ListView but you'll need a delegate that displays 9 thumbnails.
    [/quote]

First of all, thank you by your answer. I want to do that, I have a delegate with nine images but I don't know how do I get nine urls from my model. My model is a simple XmlListModel with a XmlRole which is the url to a image, so the delegate can access only to an image.

The other solution is not good for me, I need a pager.

• Hmmm, you need to get a suitable XML source to feed to your pager item. You could do this by either using a dedicated XML source file or by using a proxy model to present your base XML data in a new way but that would involve some C++. Is that OK for you?

Why can't you make a pager out of a GridView? Just a case of scrolling by 3 columns or rows each time. That way you don't have to mess around with proxy models etc.

• [quote author="ZapB" date="1318861230"]Why can't you make a pager out of a GridView? Just a case of scrolling by 3 columns or rows each time. That way you don't have to mess around with proxy models etc.[/quote]

It was to impossible to answer before , sorry by that. Probably you are right and I can use simply a GridView. However I need two things I couldn't do by now. How do I scroll by 3 columns each time and how do I know in which "page" is showing in this moment?

Thank you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.