Qt for xp

• Please excuse any factors entered here which are dumb, but am new to this arena so any failing are pure ignorance.
    I am looking to install QT on XP 32bit old laptops with MINGW, on looking at this it appears I will have to install QT v5.6.3 which is the latest to support XP and MINGW 4.9, although QT will have to be recompiled/rebuilt as it does not automatically support XP.
    My main requirement is can anyone of the community provide a step by step on how to achieve this requirement, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

AFAIR, you don't need to rebuild Qt. One possible way to get started is to use the offline installer which should provide what you need. However, I don't remember whether the Qt Creator version provided will run on XP.

• Sgaist, thank you very much for your prompt reply, but, when I looked up this point online it stated that QT had to be recompiled as XP was not enabled by default and a recompile was needed, therefore the reason I have posed the question. I am sure you have much more experience than I on this, when I tried to run the 5.6.3 kit direct it said not valid app, hope this clears my position

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Here you have a Wiki page to build Qt on Windows.

By the way it's Qt, QT stands for Apple QuickTime which you are likely not interested in.

• SGaist, thank you very much for the pointer, and my inept use of the appropriate language, I will review that wiki page and if you don’t mind come back if there is anything I am unsure of. Thank you very much for all your help