[Solved] Calculation in a QML file?

• Hello all,

I got the following code that doesn't work (in a QML file - PixelAdapter.qml) :

@Item {
    id: pixelAdapterId

property int in
    property int alpha
    property int out

out = in * 10 + alpha

}@

I tried :

@pixelAdapterId.out = pixelAdapterId.in * 10 + pixelAdapterId.alpha

PixelAdapter.out: PixelAdapter.in * 10 + PixelAdapter.alpha@

but everything doesn't work. I feel like I'm not doing something usual in QML but I HAVE to do some calculations with my properties, and "bind" the result of it to another property.
    What do I have to modify ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Gui

• @Item {

property int in: 10
    property int alpha: 20
    property int out: in * 10 + alpha

Component.onCompleted: {
    console.log(out);
    }
    }@

This example print 120 to console

• This seems to work but it doesn't... I'll try to explain.
    The thing is that in my software uses 2 bindings with this QML file. One binding is on the "in" value and the other on the "out" value.
    And when I start my software, when I FIRST change my "in" value, the bind on the "out" value gets the new value. This works.
    But when I change the value again, the "out" doesn't update... and the thing is that the value will constantly change in my software :/

Does someone got an idea about it ?

• For every property in QML you automatically get chadged signal, so you can try use something like:

@Item {

property int in
    property int alpha: 20
    property int out
    function calcOut() {
       out = in * 10 + aplha
    }
    onInChanged: {
       calcOut()
    }

}@

• Moderators

[quote author="Thanana" date="1318406351"]This seems to work but it doesn't... I'll try to explain.
    The thing is that in my software uses 2 bindings with this QML file. One binding is on the "in" value and the other on the "out" value.
    And when I start my software, when I FIRST change my "in" value, the bind on the "out" value gets the new value. This works.
    But when I change the value again, the "out" doesn't update... and the thing is that the value will constantly change in my software :/

Does someone got an idea about it ?[/quote]

Use @Behaviour on in { /* some code here */ }@ It will be invoked every time when you change "in".

• Both works, thanks a lot to both of you :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.