Boot 2 Qt and CANBus questions

• Hi, I am starting to get into CAN and also writing code for/on the Raspberry Pi. Eventually I would like to evolve to using Qt For Device Creation and Boot to Qt. I have a few questions on these topics from people with experience.

• When using Boot to Qt for the Raspberry Pi, is it a requirement to have the commercial license for Qt For Device Creation?
    • If it is possible to implement Boot to Qt without the commercial license where can I get this "QBSP" file?
    • When using QCan libraries, is there an implementation of "CANOpen" and "J1939" protocols or will I need to develop my own software to handle these more sophisticated schemes?
    • If I need to develop, are there libraries already available that anyone knows of that work well with Qt?
    • When Cross Compiling (looks like I may have to set up to do cross compiling from windows eek) do I need to have prebuilt binaries to satisfy Qt requirements on the RPi anyways? If so is there a simple way to get the build or build them myself? The official Qt Documentation looks to be out of date and a little blurry to me in general.

That is all I can think of for now.
    Thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

• As per the documentation it's a commercial offering
    • You can check the Yocto project as mentioned in the documentation but you won't have the optimisation provided by the Boot2Qt offering.
    • The CAN backends are listed here
    • If there are C++ libraries available then you should be able to implement a backend for Qt
    • You need the device sysroot in order to cross-compile Qt. If the device is powerful enough you can even consider developing directly on it. On a side note, you should also consider using a virtual machine so you can develop and cross-compile on Linux even if your machine is running on Windows.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.