Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Do I need to write about usage of LGPL license in the about section of my Qt application?

• Hi,

My Qt application is using Qt open source licensing and it is localized in 15 different languages. My question is do I need to mention the usage of Qt and LGPL license in the about section of my application. If so, do I need to localize that information?

Qt version - 5.12.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Yes you do and it's also valid for all other libraries that you are using under similar licenses.

In the Qt case, you have the possibility to show the QMessageBox::aboutQt dialog that gives all the informations.

You can see the content provided in that dialog for inspiration about providing that information about your other dependencies.

• Moderators

Yes you have to mention that Qt under LGPL is used, and provide LGPL text or a link to it.

c) For a Combined Work that displays copyright notices during execution, include the copyright notice for the Library among these notices, as well as a reference directing the user to the copies of the GNU GPL and this license document.

If so, do I need to localize that information?

LGPL does not require that info to be translated.