Planned maintenance has been done but it did not solve the problem. So work will continue on this and a new time for trying updates will be announced asap.

check for clicks on buttons inside a vector?

• I've got the following function to create a button when another button is pressed

void NoteTest::on_btn_add_note_clicked() {
        QPushButton *crt = new QPushButton(ui->frame_note_list);

crt->setText(QString("text"));
        crt->move(0, 30*total_notes);
        crt->resize(186, 30);
        crt->setStyleSheet(QString("QPushButton {color: #444444; background: #e6e6e6; border: 2px solid #cccccc; border-width: 0px 0px 2px 0px;} QPushButton:hover {border: 2px black solid; color: #333333;background: #F7F7F7;} QPushButton:pressed {background: #e6e6e6;}"));
        crt->show();

v_notes.push_back(crt);
        total_notes += 1;
    }

Now, how do check when one of those buttons are pressed? And can I know which one of the buttons that was pressed?

• I changed the code to

void NoteTest::on_btn_add_note_clicked() {
        QPushButton *crt = new QPushButton(ui->frame_note_list);
        connect(crt, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(on_btn_note_clicked()));

crt->setText(QString("text"));
        crt->move(0, 30*total_notes);
        crt->resize(186, 30);
        crt->setStyleSheet(QString("QPushButton {color: #444444; background: #e6e6e6; border: 2px solid #cccccc; border-width: 0px 0px 2px 0px;} QPushButton:hover {border: 2px black solid; color: #333333;background: #F7F7F7;} QPushButton:pressed {background: #e6e6e6;}"));
        crt->show();

v_notes.push_back(crt);
        total_notes += 1;
    }

void NoteTest::on_btn_note_clicked() {
        qDebug() << "clicked!";
    }

and now it says "clicked!" when I press a button, but I do not know WHICH one that was pressed...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi
    Why do you need to know which buttons?
    Anyway, you can use sender()

void NoteTest::on_btn_note_clicked() {
      QPushButton * theButton = qobject_cast<QPushButton *> ( sender() );
      if(theButton)  {
       //do what you need
       }
     qDebug() << "clicked!";
    }

• I need to know what button has been pressed (not the full history) in order to do the right action. Your way, using sender, worked perfectly! Thanks!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What are the "right actions" ?

• The "right actions" is open the right document when I press a certain button in this vector.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Rather than using a bunch of ifs, what about using a QMap or a QHash to store the information and retrieve that in the slot ? This will make your implementation easier to maintain.