Planned maintenance has been done but it did not solve the problem. So work will continue on this and a new time for trying updates will be announced asap.

SQLiteCipher plugin for iOS/Android. How?

• Hello all!

I am using devbean/QtCipherSqlitePlugin. It's working perfectly for desktop. I've got failed on attempts of building for iOS and Android. There are Wiki - I've done everything mentioned. It's not working. What am I missing?

*.pro

ios {

LIBS += -L$$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/ -lssl -lcrypto
        INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/include
        DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/include
        PRE_TARGETDEPS += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/libssl.a
        PRE_TARGETDEPS += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/libcrypto.a

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
    	LIBS += -lsqlitecipher_debug
        } else {
    	LIBS += -lsqlitecipher
        }
    }

main.cpp

#ifdef Q_OS_IOS
    #include <QtPlugin>
    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(SqliteCipherDriverPlugin)
    #endif

• Found related issue. It's solving building troubles. But it's still not working in iOS/Android. Is there any suggestions of why?

• Does anyone knows any step-by-step QtSqliteCipherPlugin installation manuals?

• The diagnosis changed ... The QSqlDatabase::drivers() showing me in log this:

1554392864465 StartDB() (Database->open()) true
    1554392864524 QSqlDatabase::drivers():  ("SQLITECIPHER", "QSQLITE")

It seems that driver loaded now after previous plugin recompilations, but data not reading/writing only on iOS/Android. Why could it be? On desktop all is reading and writing.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

In the Run part of the Project panel, set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS to 1 and run your application. This will give you more information about what is happening.

• @SGaist Already done it yesterday. There are

QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open

The question why it's happening only on iOS/Android but not on Desktop?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Likely because you are trying to open your database somewhere you can't.

What path are you using ? If using QStandardPaths, then check that the folder you get exists otherwise create it. Why ? Because the value you get comes from the system and is valid however, it's not guaranteed that the folder already exists. That's not a bug.

If you are not using QStandardPaths then you should start doing it at least for the mobile platforms because they severely restrict where you can write data to.

• It was about OpenSSL. it's not working if there no OpenSSL. Make sure that OpenSSL is working properly in Qt Project.