Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QStyledItemDelegate with paint() and rowColor from Qt::BackgroundColorRole

• Hello,
    I have a QStyledItemDelegate with the following implementation of paint()

void MyDelegate::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option,
        const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
        .... here the editor is generated and so on

// now the painting part begins
        QStyleOptionViewItem option_widget = option;
        QStyledItemDelegate::initStyleOption(&option_widget, index);

// where to set the color???
        QColor background = index.model()->data(index, Qt::BackgroundColorRole).value<QColor>();

// this is needed so the selection is painted correctly, otherwise the row-selection is not visible
        QStyleOptionViewItem option_widget_backgrund = option;
        QStyledItemDelegate::paint(painter, option_widget_backgrund, QModelIndex());

// start drawing ------------------------------------------------------------
        painter->save();
        editor->setPalette(option_widget.palette);
        editor->resize(option_widget.rect.size());
        painter->translate(option_widget.rect.topLeft());
        editor->render(painter, QPoint(), QRegion(), QWidget::DrawChildren);
        painter->restore();
    }

What I am doing here is first call QStyledItemDelegate::paint(painter, option_widget_backgrund, QModelIndex()); with an invalid index to paint the selection background.
    This works but is it really the correct way to paint the selection coloring??

Now besides the selection coloring I want to colour the background of some rows as specified by Qt::BackgroundColorRole in the model.
    Where do I set this color?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

QModelIndex has a data() function: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmodelindex.html#data

• @Christian-Ehrlicher: but what do I do with the color data? My problem is that I do not know where to set it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Setting data in the model can be done with QAbstractItemModel::setData()

• Maybe I have not explained clearly what my problem is.

I already have all the data in the model and I also have implemented the setData() and data() functions and so on.
    However now I want to have an QStyledItemDelegate in my View that has a custom paint() function.

From the model I get the background color for each item with data(index, Qt::BackgroundColorRole)
    When I do not use delegates it also paints the color correctly.
    I just do not know how to use the color for the background in my custom paint() function.

• You don't really have a custom paint. You are just delegating the paint to a widget (editor->render()). You need to set up said widget to support changing its background