Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to implement MVC using signals and slots

• I have developed a small application which has ended up with tight coupling where the UI classes contain a lot of business logic. I am wanting to separate the business logic and UI by implementing a controller class to handle this.

I have thought of a couple of ways I could do this but I just don't think that they're suitable.

A quick overview of my code base for this question to make sense.

I have two classes CreateA/CreateB which currently implements the UI and a function called Create() in both which is full of business logic. I want to rename these classes to CreateA_UI/CreateB_UI, and create a Controller class which communicates with two new classes called CreateA/CreateB which will now contain the Create() functions.

I am struggling to understand how I would structure this to efficiently and effectively use the Qt library, especially signals and slots, to create the MVC pattern and decrease tight coupling.

Note: I am not using the Qt designer

• @AaronKelsey would it be worth to look at Qt's model/view architecture, instead of writing your own implementation of the MVC pattern?

• Moderators

@AaronKelsey Can you describe what kind of data does the UI collect from the user?the user can do through the UI? What kind of data do they enter