Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Multiple screens on Qt Automotive with iMX6

• Hello,

Following Building Your Own Embedded Linux Image, I was able to create a Qt Automotive image and the Neptune demo works fine

But now I would like to have two screen working together with the Neptune demo.

I modified my local.conf to remove X11 and wayland in order to work only with EGLFS

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "X11 wayland"

I also modified my u-boot enviroment variables to set up my two screens (HDMI and LVDS)

setenv vidargs 'video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1280x1024M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M'

I can see the neptune in my HDMI monitor (fb2) but a black in my LVDS screen (fb0)

but when I execute:

cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb0

it does work, I can see the random pixels being painted

But in my app when I execute:

QList<QScreen *> screens = QGuiApplication::screens();
        printf("Screens = %d\n", screens.count());

I only get one screen and when I run qtdiag I get the next:

Screens: 1, High DPI scaling: inactive
    # 0 "" Depth: 16 Primary: yes
      Manufacturer:
      Model:
      Serial number:
      Geometry: 1920x720+0+0 Available: 1920x720+0+0
      Physical size: 487.68x182.88 mm  Refresh: 62 Hz Power state: 0
      Physical DPI: 100,100 Logical DPI: 100,100 Subpixel_None
      DevicePixelRatio: 1 Pixel density: 1
      Primary orientation: 2 Orientation: 2 Native orientation: 0 OrientationUpdateMask: 0

It looks like Qt Embedded is only detecting my first screen (fbo)

Does somebody has had experience with multiple screen working together?
    Am I missing some configuration file?

My intention was to configre neptune to something like this: Neptune 3 UI - Configuring Screens on Embedded Linux

My HW is:

• Apalis iMX6
    • Apalis Evaluation Board
    root@b2qt-apalis-imx6:~# uname -a
    Linux b2qt-apalis-imx6 4.1.44-2.7.5+g18717e2b1ca9 #1 SMP Fri Feb 22 10:41:34 CST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Thanks

• @Isaias Did you try to set QT_QPA_EGLFS_FB like it's in manual https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html ?

• Hello @tomasz3dk

I can run the Qt Neptune demo or other Qt app in one screen or the other, even both at the same time, setting QT_QPA_EGLFS_FB to the correct fb before executing the app

But my final intention is to modify the Neptune configuration to work something like this Neptune 3 UI - Configuring Screens on Embedded Linux

It looks like I am missing to set up a configuration for the Qt Embedded Stack to detect both screens but I don't know.

• Hello everyone
    I have the same problem.
    Please comment if you know how to solve it.