Good Day All.
Ive been creating applications some time on linux And then deploying them onto windows machine.
But no i need to deploy an application on Mac osx Lion.
I also Have a Mac OSX Lion on my macbook to compile for clients.
I did the following steps to install qt and mysql and build the plugin.
- Download and install QTSDK
- Using SDK maintenence Tool I Downloaded Sources for 4.8.0
- Download And Install Mysql (I downloaded mysql-5.1.53-osx10.6-x86_64.dmg)
- Then I opened Terminal And Did the following
cd / Users/<myusername>/QtSDK/QtSources/4.8.0/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql
/Users/donovanhoare/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.0/gcc/bin/qmake -o Makefile "INCLUDEPATH+=/usr/local/mysql-5.1.61-osx10.6-x86_64/include" "LIBS+=-L/usr/local/mysql-5.1.61-osx10.6-x86_64/lib -lmysqlclient_r" mysql.pro
My Result For make install
make -f Makefile.Debug install
cp -f "libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib" "/Users/donovanhoare/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.8.0/gcc/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib"
As you can see it only seems to make the debug version.
But if i build the release version on my mac mysql works great.
To move the app to my clients app i do the following
cd <to app release dir>
The resulting .app I copy to the clients mac and run the app.
I then get driver not loaded errors.
As far as i can see i have one of 2 problems.
1)Either im deploying the application incorectly using macdeploy. If i am can someone put me in the right direction.
- I have a problewm that it is only building the debug verion of mysqllib. if so can someone please explain to me how to build the release version.