i want to restart a qt mobile app.
any ideas how it can be done.
Posts 3 | Views 3264
Try one of these options:
posted Reputation: 12 | Posts: 5
- from within the app, use QProcess::startDetached to start another instance of the app, then exit (the parent) immediately
- run the app from a kind of wrapper which restarts the app every time it exits, unless it signals somehow that it really wants to exit (e.g. exiting with a certain magic exit code, or touching some known file)
[quote author="rohanpm" date="1288016351"]
- from within the app, use QProcess::startDetached to start another instance of the app, then exit (the parent) immediately[/quote]
I would suggest an improvement for that:
- in parent: terminate the app.
- in child: make a delay, so your app gets enough time to terminate and use QProcess as offered above.
I'm a rebel in the S.D.G.posted Reputation: 0 | Posts: 169